How to Eliminate a Plumbing Issue Without Spending a lot of Money
Cleaning clogged drains is not a job everyone can handle. It requires manpower and specialized tools which average homeowners usually don’t have. This is why if you want quality long-lasting drain cleaning results, you better turn to an expert plumbing contractor who has all the tools and cleaning supplies to perform it correctly. If, however, you cannot afford to pay the service fee of a plumber there is always an alternative solution – do the job yourself! Here’s what you will need to begin:
- – apple vinegar
- – baking soda – 1 cup
- – 3 lemons
- – bleach
- – dish-washing detergent
- – plunger
- – vacuum cleaner
- – sponge
- – rubber gloves
Regular drain cleaning is not only necessary to secure you against clogged pipes but it is also beneficial for odor removal. Today Metro Rooter Plumbing Cary, of Cary, NC had prepared some basic tips to help you do it on your own. Follow our instructions for an immaculate pipe unclogging:
1) Pour 1 cup of apple vinegar in the drain, which you need to clean, and leave it there for about half an hour.
2) Pour 5 cups of hot water over it to remove odors.
3) Pour a cup of baking soda into the drain and run some boiling water down the pipelines a few minutes afterwards. If it still drains slowly, repeat the routine!
4) Squeeze 3 fresh lemons down your drain and leave their juice unwashed for at least an hour.
5) Before washing it away with water, fill up your sink or bathtub with a bleach solution and let it stay there for about 10 minutes. This should be done only if the faience had started to go yellow or gray and needed to be whitened. Bleach is not recommended on other occasions and it is absolutely mandatory that you wear rubber gloves while using it, if you want to keep your skin soft.
6) Clean the entire sink surface with a sponge and a dish-washing detergent.
7) Use a plunger and a wet/dry shop vacuum to remove any clogs that might still be “lining” in our pipelines.
Good luck, and remember our plumbers can always assist you with your drain cleaning project, if the clog proves to be a stubborn one, or when you need professional equipment.